The GD1 has been designed with features that provide an effective response to the detection of gas hazards in a wide range of industrial environments from offshore production facilities to wastewater treatment plants. At the heart of the detector is a tuneable laser diode that eliminates environmental effects from sun, rain and fog. The laser scans single absorption lines where there is no interference from other gases.
The GD1 needs no recalibration and can replace multiple standard detectors to cover the same risk. The complete optomechanical design and construction is so stable that an ultra fast speed of response can be achieved while providing unparalleled service life and detector stability, thus saving on maintenance and service costs.
Supplied with worldwide hazardous area approvals. Suitable for use in systems with SIL 2 requirement.
Features and Benefits:
- First Exd NIR Laser open path detector for H2S safety related applications
- 5 years warranty
- Large area covered with a single unit
- Separate Transmitter and Receiver concept
- Real cost savings within 2 years
- Non-consumptive technology
- Fail safe, with no sleeping affects
- Suitable for SIL 2 applications
- No cross interference
- Low detection levels, suitable for personnel safety
- Negligible affects from atmospheric changes (fog, etc.)
- Fastest possible speed of response
- No zero-point drift, no calibration
- HART (R) standard